Most Common Issues
Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 Compatability Issues
If you are receiving an error when trying to export your test results to Excel 2010 or 2013, you could have a compatability issue. There is a simple setting to update in order to get these exports to work correctly.
Windows 7 and 8 Serial-to-USB Cable Driver Issue
Some Windows 7 and 8 PCs have had trouble communicating with RadStar devices. If you are experiencing trouble with your Windows 7 or 8 computer because your Device Manager is not recognizing the Prolific Serial Adapter, use the instructions below to resolve the problem.
- Click here to Download Windows 8 Driver Update Instructions
- Click here to download the Windows 7 and 8 Driver Update
Fix for Windows 8.1 not being able to open RadStar Utility
- Browse to the following URL:
- Click on "Save As" and save the file to your Desktop
- Once the download is complete, run the tool
- When the tool is finished, you will be prompted to restart
- Once the PC has restarted, try and open up the RadStar Utility and it should be able to open properly.